A scrapbook.com friend–Cadi Walda–tagged me before Christmas. I owe this post since I wasn’t able to get to the computer much over the past month (see previous post for reasoning). I love tagging…so I still wanted toÃ‚ do this one even though it’s a bit out of season. :)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Ã‚ Ã‚ Hot Chocolate.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree?Ã‚ Santa wraps the really special ones and the elves do the rest.
3. Colored or white lights?Ã‚ I love white lights all around the outside of the house, but colored lights for accents and the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?Ã‚ No, but maybe I should start!
5. When do you put your decorations up?Ã‚ The goal is Thanksgiving weekend, but it usually takes about a week to finish it all.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes, and more mashed potatoes!!!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?Ã‚ There are so many, but one particular christmas, when I was about eight, the whole family slept under the tree on Christmas Eve. This was a special treat because we were usually not allowed to do this (mostly because the parents were usually not done wrapping everything yet). Mom and dad must have had it together that year because we awoke to new shiny bikes and a railroad track going around the tree. It was the best Christmas ever.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t really remember, but I think by about age 12, I was helping wrap presents for Santa.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Heck, yeah! It’s always Christmas pajamas. Sometimes my husband and I exchange a non-pajama present as well…depends on the year.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?Ã‚ No real tradition about it. I prefer homemade ornaments. I love the nostalgic feeling they provide.Ã‚ When we have more than one tree, the others will be more designerish.
12. Can you ice skate?Ã‚ Can, yes. Good, no!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?Ã‚ I guess my favorite gift was from my husband on our very first Christmas together. It was an outdoor jacket that I still wear today. Even though it’s a great gift–one that I really wanted–the reason it’s my favorite is because we didn’t have much extra money that Christmas. Adam had just graduated from college, and had only been at his job for a week. The jacket cost over $200 so Adam pulled out his can of state quarters he had been saving for years. He used the entire can to get me my jacket. I would’ve stopped him had I known. It was the sweetest thing because I know how much he loves his coin collections. I love my husband so very much.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?Ã‚ Seeing family and friends. But also spending extra time with my husband.Ã‚
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My mom’s CHOCOLATE PIE.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Putting on our matching pajamas Christmas Eve and spending time as a family reading the Christmas story and catching up.
17. What is on top of your tree? Actually, nothing. But I should get a Star.
18.Ã‚ What’s your favorite traditional Christmas Carol?Ã‚ Little Drummer Boy and Do You Hear What I Hear
19. What is your favorite contemporary Christmas Song?Ã‚ Ã‚ I’m not a big fan. I just love the oldies so much.
20. Do you like candy canes? Only as decoration…hanging out of the stockings.