I would usually post this sort of thing on our adoption blog, but thought itÃ‚ moreÃ‚ fittingly placedÃ‚ here. Adam and I had a four hour psychological evaluation last week. Colombians place psychologists and their adoption evaluationsÃ‚ in high importance. As part of our evaluation, weÃ‚ took the MMPI II personality test per Colombia’s request. This is a long true/false 567 question test. The main purpose of this test is to detect which, if any, personal, social, or behavioralÃ‚ problems an individual who is troubled may posess.
Here are a few of our favorites (remember they are t/f statements):
1. I have felt posessed by evil spirits at times.
2.Ã‚ At times I feel like swearing.
3. Parts of my body often have feelings like burning, tingling, crawling, or like “going to sleep”.
4. I’ve never vomitted blood or coughed up blood.
5. Once a week or oftener I suddenly feel hot all over, for no reason.
6. Someone has been trying to influence my mind.
7. At one or more times in my life, I felt that someone was making me do things by hypnotizing me.
We will getÃ‚ our personalÃ‚ results back at our follow-up consult. The psychologist said not to expect muchÃ‚ out of itÃ‚ though (which is supposed to be good). That shows how well he knows us, right? Oh yeah, he also said that we both appear to have strong egos! Maybe he does know us better than we thought. :)